This delicious recipe for Easy Apricot Chicken is a quick and simple dinner that’s filled with fiber and protein. Dinners like this will get you well on your way to transforming your body. Pack the leftovers for a wholesome, fat burning lunch. Servings: 4
Here's what you need:
- 1/2 cup fruit-only apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 lb organic chicken tenders
- In a medium skillet combine the apricot preserves, coconut aminos, vinegar, ginger, garlic and sweet paprika. Place over low heat and mix often for 4 minutes. Rinse the chicken tenders and place in a baking sheet. Pour the apricot mixture over the chicken, and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Turn on the High broil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack in the center of the sheet and arrange the marinated chicken in a single layer. Place in the oven on the top rack. After 5 minutes, use tongs to flip the chicken. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Allow the chicken to blacken slightly.
Nutritional Analysis: 215 calories, 1g fat, 91mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 27g protein
Here's a recipe that tastes like comfort food, but without the guilt. Kale is a nutritional powerhouse, filled with calcium, and numerous vitamins and minerals. Servings: 6
Here's what you need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- dash of salt and pepper
- Pinch of each, dried: thyme, rosemary, tarragon, and parsley
- 4 links nitrate-free, chicken sausage, sliced into half moons
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a casserole dish with olive oil. Place a large pot of water to boil with a pinch of salt.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the olive oil, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, dried herbs and chicken sausage. Mix well, and then add kale. Cover for about 3 minutes, until kale gets bright green and wilted, then remove cover. Sauté for an additional 3 minutes until everything is tender. Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower florets in the pot of boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat, drain, and return cauliflower to pot.
- Add the kale mixture to the pot as well as the chicken broth, lemon juice, ricotta cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese. Mix will over medium heat until all has been incorporated.
- Transfer to prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 238 calories, 10g fat, 584mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 18g protein